docs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Nov 16 09:54:10 EST 1999

Tim Peters writes:
 > Ask MS for the source code <wink>.  Short of that, there's no reason to
 > suppose it's a problem with the docs, and every reason to suspect the
 > obvious.

  The catch is that no matter how obvious it is, I don't want to lock
people out of the docs by requiring they update to a newer service
pack; patching an OS is never trivial (no matter how easy the
installation of the patches), and prone to break things (esp. for NT
service packs!).  I'm inclined to change the generation of the comment
in the HTML simply to avoid having this problem.  It's annoying, but
easily handled.  (And people who read the CVS checkin messages may
have noticed that I've already handled it that way. ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>