Order of keyword arguments

Andres Corrada andres at corrada.com
Sun Nov 21 12:36:39 EST 1999

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> Ah, but that would be "alphabetical order", not "entry order",
> and not much use to anybody if it were.

I disagree. I think you are confusing entry order with type of ordering.
entry order could be alphabetical but it could also be by time of entry,
for example. My point still stands: an ordered dictionary would be a
useful data structure to have.

> Python data structures that would suit your apparent desires:
>  [ (optionname, optionvalue), ... ]

Mike Fletcher suggested this also and it is the way I'm getting to eat
my cake and have it too :-)

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres at corrada.com
Owner                     http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 587-9595