How I got Python to Work with IIS 4.0 on NT

Jeremy Misavage tekhir at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 21:56:33 EST 1999

The instructions I found on python.org didn't work for me totally.  IIS knew I
had .py as a script type, but it wouldn't execute them correctly.  However, I
did get it to work and this is how:

1. In the Management Console select your web site
2. Pull up Properties (I had to right click)
3. Go to the Home directory tab
4. Click configure
5. Select the App Mappings tab

This is where you say that .py files are handled by "c:\Program
Files\Python\python.exe" (by default)

"c:\Program Files\Python\python.exe" -u %s %s

I've also been told to put "" around the %s sometime.  Like so:

"%s" "%s"

MS Personal Web Server however doesn't have a Management Console so registry
hacking is the only way to get it to work.