Python Make

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 09:55:20 EST 1999

Hi, just a quick idea I had that I wanted to share with the newsgroup.
Has anyone considered using Python as a replacement for the "make"
utility?  A module could be provided which did several small things like
testing modification times of a list of source files against a
destination file to see whether an update was required.

I am prompted to suggest this after spending yet another half-day trying
to debug a Makefile.

What do people think?

Ian.

Ian Clarke                        Email: I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Homepage: http://www.gnu.demon.co.uk/
Also see: http://freenet.on.openprojects.net/
"All we see and all we seem is but a dream within a dream"