multiline prototyping on command line (oops)

Eric Smith eric at fruitcom.com
Mon Nov 1 01:39:28 EST 1999

Juergen -
jae at ilk.de (Juergen A. Erhard) posted in comp.lang.python on Mon,
01 Nov 1999 03:29:37 +0100:

 > I usually either run a python session in an xterm (bad for multiline), or
 > do python -c '...' multiline.  In zsh  ;-)
 >
 > Really, try the zsh... I with readline were as good as zsh's ZLE.
 > Kick-Ass (really) multiline editing.  And a history that correctly
 > deals with it.
 >
 > You can also edit here-documents...
<snip>

That is the best answer I have seen.  The only real simple solution.  As
you say if you use the -c, then because of the fact that py uses
indentation, you have to specially insert extra quoting to help the compiler
interpret correctly.

I now have _no_ excuse for proceeding with my long delayed migration to zsh
_and_ to start working with python.

Thanx!
--
Eric Smith
eric at fruitcom.com
www.fruitcom.com

I truly believe computer programmers want to be creative, and they may have
many different reasons for wanting to write code a particular way.  What you
choose to optimize for is your concern, not mine. I just supply the paint.