Java vs. Python - Serialization Bakeoff

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Wed Nov 10 01:10:50 EST 1999

[claudius at catlover.com, on Tue, 09 Nov 1999]:
:: Patrick Phalen <python-list at teleo.net> says:
:: >http://starship.python.net/crew/gandalf/DNET/serial/jp-serial.html
:: >contains an report on tests comparing Java's and Python's data
:: >marshalling, using various criteria. Numerous interesting charts and
:: >graphs are presented.
:: >
:: >Since this was published in 1996 (Python 1.4), I wonder if anyone
:: >expert in this subject has any comment on whether the intervening years
:: >would have changed the conclusions substantively -- namely that Python
:: >is, on average, faster, simpler, and more flexible.
::
:: Hmm?  I get 'not found' (and I'm very interested in reading your findings.)

Ack! Apologies ... it's '.htm'