Puzzled with Time Server conversion problems?

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Mon Oct 4 21:40:34 EDT 1999

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 08:51:55, Bill Eldridge <bill at hk.rfa.org> wrote:

> (1901, 12, 14, 4, 22, 28, 5, 348, 0)
> (1980, 1, 1, 14, 11, 20, 1, 1, 0)
>
> 1970-1976 was about 190 million seconds, so 1976-1980 should
> be less than double (380 million seconds), not 3.2 billion seconds.

Eh?

Bill, I've been staring at this problem on and off for days.  I
certainly
could have made a typo in the comment(s), but either way I worked
around it with a manual calculation....

I'm welcome to simplifications.... (See code posted about 2 minutes
ago)

		- Benjamin

================================
Please feel free to copy any and or
all of this sig.
A little something for spam bots:

root at localhost postmaster at localhost admin at localhost
abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1

Chairman William Kennard: bkennard at fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness at fcc.gov
Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth: hfurchtg at fcc.gov
Commissioner Michael Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov