units and uncertainty in python

John van der Koijk j.vanderkoijk at ind.tno.nl
Wed Oct 27 04:28:48 EDT 1999

I've never written a followup directly to myself...

"JvdK" == John van der Koijk <vdkoijk at wirehub.nl> writes:

    JvdK> I'd also like to keep track of units.  Is this problem solved i.e.,
    JvdK> are there modules avalable which implement uncertain numbers with
    JvdK> units?

Well, Konrad Hinsen has made public the module
Scientific.Physics.PhysicalQuantities
which seems to handle units at least. It has

Constructor:
     * PhysicalQuantity(value, unit), where value is a number of
       arbitrary type and unit is a string containing the unit name.
     * PhysicalQuantity(string), where string contains both the value and
       the unit. This form is provided to make interactive use more
       convenient.

I might try to fit that in with an ensemble-uncertainty class.

Regards,
--
John van der Koijk.
--

PO Box 5073, 2600 GB, Delft, The Netherlands
Phone +31 15 2608833, Fax +31 15 2608846