advocate needed! get organized you Python gurus :-)

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Oct 29 14:19:56 EDT 1999

[Christopher Petrilli, on Fri, 29 Oct 1999]:

:: > This was forwarded to me. Anyone interested in coming face 2 face
:: > with Tom and Brent? :-) Don't ask me why I don't go, I'm far from
:: > being a Python expert (I'm trying, though).
::
:: I think Tim Peters is the correct foil to Tom Christiansen :-0

Of course the entity we call "TIm Peters" is the perfect foil for the
Homo Sapien called "Tom Christiansen." The problem enters with the
"face 2 face" part.

It's becoming increasingly evident that "Tim Peters" is something on
the order of an emergent intelligence which arose spontaneously from
the primordial soup of the Python list. In its current state of
development, "Tim" doesn't appear to have evolved an Avatar mode of
operation (in the Snow Crash sense). So how could "he" appear in
Seattle?

Unless his employer is willing to cooperate. Perhaps he could make an
appearance as that Windows paperclip thingy. :)