linux install problem

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Oct 28 14:09:01 EDT 1999

William Park writes:
 > If I remember, 'Setup' is copied from 'Setup.in'.  I think it's in the
 > README or INSTALL somewhere.  When I ran Grail some time ago on 486SX
 > with 16Meg RAM, but gave up because it was too slow.

  Grail is dog slow compared to other browsers, but that's a different
problem from what David is seeing.
  David:  You need to make sure that Tkinter is installed.  Mandrake
packages it as "tkinter-..." if I recall correctly; you should be able
to locate it on the mandrake CD-ROM or an ftp site, and install it
using "rpm -Uvh" (or something similar).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us>