Just like in our DNA...

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at compaq.com
Fri Oct 8 03:45:54 EDT 1999

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I don't know that the difference would be in the non-coding DNA, though.

Seems plausible enough to me. Most of the basic building
materials, metabolic processes, etc. are much the same from
one species to another. It's the "control structures", however
implemented, that are going to decide what shape the organism
grows into. If the control structures turn out to reside in
the non-transcripted DNA, it may well be true that most of the
differences between species are in there.

Greg