Python Cookies module? Bugs?

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Sat Oct 23 08:19:37 EDT 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:
> >    cookie["anketa_id"] = str(1024)
>
> Why setup the cookie equaling a string w/length of 1024??

   Yiu've already got it isn't string of 1024 chars length - it is string
"1024" :) More details follow.
   If I put integer 1024 into cookie, Cookie.py will note it and pickle the
cookie (have you read the docs on module "pickle"?) Later Cookie.py can
unpickle the cookie back. It is very useful for python-only CGIs, but I
wrote the test for perl CGI, so I didn't want pickled cookie. So I just
converted the int to string myself and debugged that perl CGI.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru