Tk,GTK or Qt ?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 14 12:20:38 EDT 1999

Ahmad Munif <muniff at yahoo.com> wrote:

> i think Tkinter is good, but lack of widgets (i need table widget,notebook
> widget, etc).
> PyGtk and PyQt have complete widgets, but poor of documentation.

> i am really confused. what should i do now , which one the best to build
> my database application ?

Start with the tutorial for Qt I've made - for the rest you can
straightforwardly translate anything writting in C++ into Python.
It's quite easy, really. Example programs are becoming available,
too. The Qt documentation is very good. Besided there's a mailing
list now, so that if you have any problems, your answers will quite
probably be answered quickly.

Hey, if I can twig PyKDE/PyQt, and I'm a lowly VB/Oracle developer
by trade, then so can you!

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt