Any DNS Modules?

Amit Patel amitp at Xenon.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 20 16:33:47 EDT 1999

 Guido van Rossum  <guido at cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

| The DNS package is listed on the Python website (follow the Modules
| link in the top bar).  Does nobody use that?  Searching python.org
| for DNS would also have brought this up.

I've looked at it but I never figured out how to use it.  :-( If I
knew the DNS protocol (things like "MF", "WKS", "MX", "AXFR", ...) I
would probably be able to figure out what the DNS package does, but I
don't really know much about DNS -- all I want to do is turn hostnames
into IP addresses and IP addresses into hostnames.  All this stuff
about transfer functions and classes and types and building records is
just too much for me.  (I currently use socket.* functions for that
but I wanted something asynchronous.. so that's why I looked at the
DNS package.)

    - Amit