Help! Adding methods to Zope

drmental at my-deja.com drmental at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 6 13:18:11 EDT 1999

In article <7rmfmo$5u0$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  sjoshi at ingr.com wrote:
> Hello
>    I'm trying to use the simple example in the Zope doc where it talks
> about using the feedback.py script. I have saved the script to cgi-bin
> directory and I'm trying to add the method in it as an external method
> through the manage screen in Zope. However I keep getting an error
> saying Error Value: The file name, E:\cgi-bin\feedback, should be a
> simple file name.
>
>    Can someone please point out what I'm missing
>
> thanks
> Sunit

External methods in zope has to be in the Extensions Directory in the
root zope folder (ex. /opt/zope/Extensions).  If the directory is not
already created just create it and then place the externalmethod.py file
there and when importing it into zope do not include the .py.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Mats Nordgren
mats at launchnet.com
icq: 14659299