re question

Max M. Stalnaker stalnaker at acm.org
Fri Oct 15 17:26:50 EDT 1999

I have the following code:

 def subset(self):
  group=re.search(r"%%%([^%]+)%%%",self.data)
  self.data=group.groups(0)[0]

Essentially, I get a html page, change some tags to %%% and extract the
stuff between.  But the way I do it above fails if the stuff between has a
single %.  The main goal is to extract the stuff.  The changing the tags is
just the way I tried and had sometime success.

Maybe there is a better way to do this.  Or someone could perhaps suggest re
code that would do it.  Thank you.

My current idea is to construct a single character sentinel out of something
greater than chr(128) and use that.  This will probably work in this
application, but I feel like I am missing something.

--
Max M. Stalnaker  mailto:stalnaker at acm.org  http://www.astarcc.com