Make Stand Alone W32 Installer Crash with tk

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Fri Oct 8 23:41:55 EDT 1999

Gordon,

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.  It required an
addition to my path of:
C:\Windows\System for Python15.ddl and
E:\Program Files\Tcl\bin for tk80.dll and tcl80.dll.

(Python and Tk work well together when I run them normally.  I didnt know
that I had a non-standard installation)

That and 6 or 7 hours more work got me to the point where everything is
working and installing into the right directories etc. Its GREAT!

What I didnt understand earlier was what was found and not found in:
> >  found tcl80.dll
> >  lib not found: tcl80.dll dependency of  found tk80.dll
> >  lib not found: tk80.dll dependency of  found python15.dll
> >  lib not found: python15.dll dependency of  found MSVCRT.dll

If I knew more Im sure it would be obvious, but I dont so it wasnt.  Maybe
a small wording change would help.

BTW I see that you have just released a new beta.  Good going!  I hope to
look at it soon.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote in article
<1272737292-40451070 at hypernet.com>...
> Gordon Williams wrote,
> >
> > I have been trying to get Gordon McMillan's and Thomas Heller's
> > win32 installer to work properly to make a stand alone .exe which
> > uses tk.

,<snip>