Comment in Grail source code

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at oratrix.nl
Mon Oct 25 07:53:03 EDT 1999

On Sun, Oct 24 1999 "Gordon McMillan" wrote:

> >     JS> Is "TBD" a common abbreviation in source code?  Does it
> >     mean JS> "To Be Done?"
> [Barry]
> > It is for that warped BAW guy!  Guido uses XXX to mark things
> > that should be addressed later (and you thought the Python Video
> > connection was just coincidence).  I picked up TBD (To Be
> > Decided, or Determined, or Done) from a previous employer, and
> > sometimes use it when I'm feeling more prudish.
>
> It's that damn Dutch degeneracy. Guido probably eats Grape
> Nuts for breakfast.

It's actually Amsterdam, not The Netherlands as a whole (although
Amsterdammers sometimes forget that there is more to the country than
just Amsterdam :-).

The Amsterdam coat of arms contains three X's (although they're layed
out vertically, but that doesn't fit easily on a line).

-- Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd.mullender at oratrix.com>