ANN: Win32 Installer - new beta

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sat Oct 9 22:21:28 EDT 1999

Burt wrote:

> Trying to install Beta 03 (Installer_b_03.exe) causes an illegal
> operation (invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL) on my
> machine running Windows 98.

Sigh. Does anything work on your machine, Burt?

Please download  starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/burt.exe
I know you don't have a compiler, so you won't be able to
debug it, but it's built with debug and puts out about 100 lines
of status messages if it runs to completion.

Please set the properties on a console window to hold around
100 lines, start it with burt.exe -v and send me the results.

(I'd appreciate anyone else using Win98 trying it, too).

- Gordon