Is the server down or what?

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Thu Oct 7 10:16:45 EDT 1999

On 07-Oct-99 Hans Nowak wrote:
 >  Mailing list users: am I the only one who got them twice? Maybe there
 >  has been a message about this which I've missed? I only recall one
 >  about some renewal of python-list; it didn't say anything about this
 >  extra service though. :)

That's the simplest error-correcting code known, called a repetition
code. However, since each symbol is sent twice, it is actually only a
1-error-detecting code. There! Now you have my profession clear.

Back to business:
I get most postings once from the mailing list. The only doublets I
get is when someone has posted something both to python-list at python.org
and to comp.lang.python.

And then that madQ, posting the same thing over and over again. :(

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343