Just like in our DNA...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Oct 5 08:36:46 EDT 1999

Will Ware <wware-nospam at world.std.com> wrote:
> That is called "junk DNA" because it is never translated to a
> protein. There are various conjectures about it.

a quick web search for "junk DNA" brought up three
major theories (since they were posted on the web,
they have to be true.  all of them):

    1. the great designer only did one design,
    and the DNA that we consider as junk is
    actually used by extra-terrestrial beings.

    (motorola processors, that is)

    2. since there's no possible chance that an
    evolutionary process would leave junk in
    there, Darwin was obviously wrong.

    (GvR is in good company, in other words ;-)

    3. statistical analysis shows that the junk
    looks like human text, which clearly shows
    that it is actually used in some yet unknown
    way.

    (docstrings?)

</F>