how to "spawn" an external cmd and catch its stdin,stdout,stderr

Andreas Rozek Andreas.Rozek at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De
Thu Oct 21 11:59:53 EDT 1999

Hello,

> The closest to this would be os.popen() This doesn't allow you to trap
> stderr as far as I am aware.

Thanks, from the description, it looks as if that would fit partially,
at least - although (coming from Java) it's not what I was really loo-
king for, namely a replacement for "Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...)".

> This should work on Unix and Windows.

Yes,  according to the library reference.  I'll try that solution this
evening.

Thanks for your answer!

--

Andreas Rozek