recursive copy in a directory tree?

yinger ayinger1 at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 13 20:52:23 EDT 1999

Hi.

  I am looking for a python util that *recursively* copies files from a
source directory tree to a target with wildcard syntax.

  In other words, something like

     recurcopy('source','target','*.html')

that would copy all html files in the source directory tree to the
target directory tree (creating any missing directories in the target
as it goes along).

  I have to use something that is relatively platform independent, so
I'm stuck with using the os, shutil, and glob modules.

  Are there any existing utils out there.  (Again, I can't use any of
the popen modules, as they only work on Unix -- and they don't work on
CYGWIN, I tried that too.)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/