parallel port programming using Python?

Mark Ricketts mricket2 at ford.com
Fri Oct 29 07:55:06 EDT 1999

I'm kind of a novice when it comes to c programming, I've used basic on the
pc but since I'm acquaninting myself with linux I figured the best way to
learn a new language is to attempt an actual useful project.  I'd like to
build a little xyz robot using stepper motors for motion control that will
be operated via the parallel port.  I've already got the thing working in
the DOS/Windows world, but I am so into the whole linux philosophy that I
want to redo it using Python in Linux.  Python is said to be a very easy
language to pick-up but so far I haven't found any language routines that
will allow me to access the parallel port for this type of control.  So Mike
I'm very interested in what you are doing, maybe you could expand on what
your project is all about, and how it's progressing.

------
msdr at sprint.ca

news:KimO3.9837$pL5.20871 at news.rdc1.az.home.com...