Python and HTML hidden input variables

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Fri Oct 22 09:58:03 EDT 1999

On 22-Oct-99 rainer2207 at my-deja.com wrote:
 >  test = "Hello"
 >  print "<input type=\"HIDDEN\" name=\"username\"  value=test>"
 >
 >  but this returns the string test rather than "Hello". Is there anyway
 >  I can get it to pass "Hello"? Am I right in leaving out the double
 >  quotes for the value part? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

test is a variable in your python code, not in the generated html code.
Is there anything wrong with

print "<input type=\"HIDDEN\" name=\"username\"  value=" + test + ">"

or have I completely misunderstood your question?

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343