Passing file descriptors in Python?

Dan puter_programmer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 22:12:28 EDT 1999

Has anyone attempted to pass file descriptors from one process to
another under using Python on Linux?  I want to build a little web
server that accepts connections and hands them off to child processes
exactly like Apache does.

If anyone has an existing module that handles this or has sample code
they don't mind sharing or even some good tips to get me going in the
right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  I've found examples
on DejaNews of C code for Linux but writing a C module for Python is a
little beyond me.

Thanks!
-Dan