Communication Between Zope and Java Process

Steven H. Rogers shrogers at ionet.net
Sun Oct 10 11:06:43 EDT 1999

joshzeidner at my-deja.com wrote:

>  - How dynamic is the data you are sychronizing?  Is it something more
> like a chat room or a BBS?

More like a BBS.  The Java process monitors a data stream, performing
actions on objects in the data stream in near real time.  I'd like to
give a certain class of users the ability to make "special requests" via
a web based form which would be saved either within the web server or an
external database.  The Java process will check these special requests
before acting and honor them when feasible.

>   I just thought of a good idea!  A very useful thing for Zope would be
> a CORBA/IIOP bridge because this is fully supported in Java( not to
> mention the industry distributed object standard ).  So all zope
> objects would also be CORBA objects.  And better yet, there is Fnorb so
> most of the marshalling stuff is already done.
Concur.

>  Also, make sure you look into JPython.

I've looked at JPython and will likely use it for regression testing of
Java code.  I don't think it'll help here though.  I'm also considering
Apache with JServe, though this would restrict me to an external
database.  Zope is attractive because it combines web services,
persistent store, and search capability in what seems to be an easy to
manage package.  I need to do this quickly and have a couple of other
irons in the fire right now.

-- Steve