Zope via Apache ProxyPass

tneff at my-deja.com tneff at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 18 20:29:08 EDT 1999

I recently tried setting up Zope's ZServer "behind" an Apache 1.3.9
installation by using the ProxyPass (and ProxyPassReverse) directives,
as follows:

  ProxyPass        /Zope/ http://my.site.com:8080/
  ProxyPassReverse /Zope/ http://my.site.com:8080/

and it seems to work.  The advantage to this is that Apache can continue
to "own" the port 80 HTTP server environment, and you can serve anything
non-Zope-ish without complicated redirects - but you're not trapped into
using the single threaded PCGI mechanism, which seems to be a
performance bottleneck and occasionally produces unexpected results.  In
fact, you still seem to get ZServer's multithreads if you have enough
Apache client processes allocated.

Has anyone else experimented with this?  Anything I should watch out
for?

--
Tom Neff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/