siomodule and Python1.5.2

Jerry Williams Jerry.Williams at Ingenix.com
Wed Oct 6 19:35:17 EDT 1999

It looks like siomodule.zip has elapsedTimer.pyd in it which is looking
for python14.dll.
I was wondering if someone had fixed it to run with the python15.dll.
Also it would be nice if someone could add an example to the faq on how
to install it.
Like what files need to be where in the python directory tree and if
something needs to be tweeked
in the registry what key needs to be added.

So what do I need to do to make it work with 1.5.2 or do I have to go
back to python1.4 to use it?
I installed python1.4 to get the python14.dll and then installed
python1.5.2 but now I get the error:
>>> from serial import *
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\serial.py", line 36, in ?
    from mstimer import MsTimer
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\mstimer.py", line 2, in ?
    import elapsedTimer
SystemError: _PyImport_FixupExtension: module elapsedTimer not loaded

Is this because I haven't put elapsedTimer in the windows registry?
Thanks for any help!