PyGreSQL difficulties

Jim Driese jdriese at seanet.com
Fri Oct 8 06:55:21 EDT 1999

I'm new to Python and am trying to get the PyGreSQL module to work.  I
am running FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE and installed the Python-1.5.2 package and
PyGreSQL-2.4 port.  When I ran basics.py interactively (import basics),
I received the following message:

MODULE BASICS.PY : BASIC SQL COMMANDS TUTORIAL

This module is designed for being imported from python prompt

In order to run the samples included here, first create a connection
using :                        cnx = basics.DB(...)
then start the demo with:      basics.demo(cnx)

So, I typed:

cnx = basics.DB(...)

and received the following error message:

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

What am I supposed to enter for "..." and what do I need to do to get
the sample program to run?

TIA

Jim Driese