Off-topic Internet Question

Preston Landers prestonlanders at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 13 12:12:36 EDT 1999

Greetings Geraldo,

Yes, it is certainly possible.

My program Pagecast does this exact thing.  Essentially, it fills out a
web form and hits the send button, and analyzes the results.

You can look at it as an example if you like.  Go to
http://askpreston.com/projects/pagecast/ to download it.  Depending on
which version you get, you'll want to look at the file submitengine.py
or servers/generic.py (the latter in the case of the 2.0 alpha
versions.)

The 2.0 alpha versions use the standard python httplib library and
handles proxies just fine.  You may find it an instructive example.
FYI it's licensed under the GPL.

yours,

---Preston

--