XML-RPC and Pickle.....

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Oct 31 04:51:59 EST 1999

Edward Muller <edwardam at home.com> wrote:
> I am trying to unpickle and object on another machine after bieng sent
> via xml-rpc.....and I get the following error:
> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: 'exceptions.SystemError:Failed to import
> class foo from module __main__'>

just guessing here, but it looks like the someObject
class is defined in your main program (at the client
end), and that you're not using the same script as
the main program on the server end.

solution: move the class definition to a separate
module, and make sure that module is present on
both ends of the connection.

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->