Module for generic platform information: platform.py

Mike Steed MSteed at altiris.com
Wed Oct 27 16:56:04 EDT 1999

I happen to have this information handy at the moment, which is a start.  On
NT 4.0, the magic key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion.  It includes the version, build number, and service pack,
among other things.  If I remember correctly, similar information can be
found under Win95/98 under ...\Windows\CurrentVersion.

--
M.