re question

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 15 19:18:58 EDT 1999

Pada Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:26:50 -0700, Max M. Stalnaker bilang:
| I have the following code:
|
|  def subset(self):
|   group=re.search(r"%%%([^%]+)%%%",self.data)
|   self.data=group.groups(0)[0]
|
| Essentially, I get a html page, change some tags to %%% and extract the
| stuff between.  But the way I do it above fails if the stuff between has a
| single %.  The main goal is to extract the stuff.  The changing the tags is
| just the way I tried and had sometime success.

Actually, ignore my last post. :)  There's a better way: use '.', which will
match any character, instead of '[^%]':

>>> str=r"blah blah blah %%%important stuff to be extracted%%%more useless junk"
>>> import re
>>> group=re.search(r"%%%(.+)%%%", str)
>>> group.groups()
('important stuff to be extracted',)

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
            There are more stars in the sky than there are