non-file-based web server?

Nolan Darilek nolan at ethereal.dhis.org
Thu Oct 14 00:55:19 EDT 1999

Wow, nice technical terminology in the subject line, no? :)

Out of curiousity, is there an HTTP server written in Python which
doesn't depend on files? Instead, what I'd like to do is to use
HTMLgen to generate dynamic content within the program, and serve
that via the web server.

My goal, in a nutshell, is to implement a simple package installer
which uses a web interface. Basically, the installer launches a web
server and either gives the user the URL to connect to, or launches a
specific web browser to view the page and start the
installation. Though I'm sure I could provide HTML with the package,
it'd be great if the pages could all originate within the install
script.