XP STDOUT & STDERR Redirection

Brandon Ehle azverkan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 23:32:33 EDT 1999

Can someone come up with a good way that I can catch Python's STDOUT and
STDERR from a C/C++ program?

For the Cross Platform Crystal Space 3D Engine, I am using Python as the
underlying scripting language for accomplishing the equivalent of what
UnrealScript and Quake C does.

I need to be able to:
1) Dump debugging information to the engine's console
2) Display any Python errors / exceptions to the engine's console

The engine is written in C++, and it loads plugins via my Python wrapper
which includes Python via static linking.  I would like this to be as
cross platform and as "hack-less" as possible, so that we may easily
upgrade to version Python 1.6, etc, or allow us to use older versions of
Python that may run on a specific platform.

For those interested, the CrystalSpace project is
http://crystal.linuxgames.com/