Has anyone tried Python->Dylan conversion?

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at idt.ntnu.no
Fri Oct 15 09:54:15 EDT 1999

Markus Stenberg <mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI> writes:

> Even by doing the classical recurse-monster lisp-like prime test, the Dylan
> version was roughly 3 seconds.
>
> At least simpler syntactic parts should compile fairly cleanly, I
> think.. but I dislike Dylan's syntax itself, so main use would be just
> producing Python->Dylan->C modules (which would, theoretically speaking, be
> faster than original Python, or current Py2C modules).

How about looking at the Dylan compiler and picking up some tricks,
maybe? (Don't know if it is possible, but then we wouldn't have to go
through the translation part... Although that would probably be much
less work...)

--

  Magnus          Echelon jamming noise:
  Lie             FBI CIA NSA Handgun Assault Bomb Drug Terrorism