Do You Have a Powerful Computer, a few extra minutes,& Microsoft Word?

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Wed Oct 6 02:44:59 EDT 1999

I'd imagine your "Linux friend" would probably prefer a tarball rather
than a Winzip'd file, eh? ;-)

I'm making one. I'll send it to you. (I knew this Windows box would
turn out to be good for *something* eventually.)

[David Oppenheimer, on Tue, 05 Oct 1999]:
:: An afterthought ... it may be necessary to compress it with Winzip or
:: another such tool to make it compact enough to e-mail.
::
::
:: David Oppenheimer wrote:
::
:: > Dear Group,
:: >
:: > A Linux friend would like to view the Quick Python online draft but
:: > doesn't have Microsoft Word or a Word viewer.  He tells me he can read
:: > it if its in HTML.
:: >
:: > I would appreciate it if someone would download the book, save it in
:: > HTML, and send me the book in HTML.  I have Microsoft Word, but My
:: > Pentium 75 with 32 MB RAM is just not up to the task.  I have tried
:: > multiple times and it locks up about half way through.
:: >
:: > Thanks,
:: >
:: > David Oppenheimer