interprocess on Windows?

Chris chriss at dnastar.com
Tue Oct 19 16:24:38 EDT 1999

In article <7ui7v9$it0$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Henk Jansen <hj at rdr-nl.com> wrote:

>Forced to Windows (98), can I do interprocess communication with Python,
>i.e. having two objects that communicate with each other? (like in
>Linux).

If you want python objects in different processes to invoke each other's
methods, it sounds like you need an Object Request Broker (Perhaps your
Linix installation has one of these (Orbix?) i'm not aware of any raw UNIX
facillities that would offer process to process Python method invacotion).

One large, complex but free and powerful solution is xerow parc's ILU
<http://www.parc.xerox.com/ILU/> i've been pleased with the alpha's versions
I used to conect a CGI to anonther process.

--
Christopher Stern
DNAStar