Bad IE 4.01 Content-type headers

Shawn Dyer sdyer7073 at my-deja.com
Sun Oct 24 01:26:06 EDT 1999

I am running into the occasional problem with IE 4.01 sending a
content-type header of the form where the content-type is
repeated seperated by commas:

application/x-www-form-urlencoded, application/x-www-form-urlencoded

instead of the more usual:

application/x-www-form-urlencoded

The cgi module chokes on this (it does not parse out stdin). It happens
about 0.5% of the time, but I eventually need to address the problem. Is
this allowable in the HTTP specs, or is it simply garbage generated by
IE? Since IE 4.01 seems to be the browser shipped with Win98, the cgi
module may need to address this eventually. My current idea is to modify
the cgi module to deal with this situation. Has anyone else encountered
this or found a solution.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.