Module for generic platform information: platform.py

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Oct 26 16:55:54 EDT 1999

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Hi All---

> > > And Windows NT by the looks of it. All I get from the program is:
> > > "win32"
>
> This is all I see, to.  I'm running NT 4.0 Workstation, SP5.
>

> > Hmm, you should be seing something like:
> >
> > Windows-NT-4.00.xxx
> >
> > Could you send me the output of typing "ver" at the command prompt
> > (this is the information the module uses on Windows NT) ?
> >

> Windows NT Version 4.0

Ah, now I get it: the RE used to parse the "ver" output is wrong --
it only looks for numerical release numbers.

The new upload (version 0.3.1) should fix this. If not, please try
to adapt the RE in system_ver() to make it correctly parse the
string and send me the diffs. Thanks.

        http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/platform.py

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg