importing

Peter Posselt Vestergaard posselt at daimi.au.dk
Tue Oct 12 08:32:00 EDT 1999

Hi
How do I import a library file which isn't placed in the same directory
as the python-file and neither in a directory in my path???
I've made my own library file called pythonlib.py and if I places it in
the same directory as my program and writes 'import pythonlib' in the
beginning of my programfile it works fine, but I can't figure out how to
find it elsewhere.
Furthermore: How do I access the functions in my library then I've
included it from somewhere not in the same directory? Will it still be
enough just to write pythonlib.function()???
I've tried the solutions in the manual pages, but I can't make it work.
Best regards
Peter Posselt Vestergaard