Anyway to *SET* the date & time?

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Wed Oct 6 11:42:57 EDT 1999

[Benjamin Schollnick, on Wed, 06 Oct 1999]:
:: It's kinda a little pointless to run a time client and then have to
:: manually
:: set the time, you sort of loose the "millisecond" timing >weak grin<.
::
:: I am prepared to deal with this, I can have the client use the Sys
:: module
:: and make a system shell call to DATE & TIME, which will work
:: under both OS/2 & Windows.
::
:: It's annoying, but I can work around it for said platforms.  *nix, and
::
:: everything else are out of luck, since I don't know how to set their
:: clock,
:: but........ That's what modifying the source if for.

Perhaps I missed something at the beginning of this thread... Why don't
you just set up ntp server/client on one *nix box and ntp clients on
the others?