DOS Python

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Oct 5 15:46:34 EDT 1999

    Billy> I just downloaded the DOS version of Python from Hans Nowak's
    Billy> page.  Probalm is, there don't seem to be any docs or modules
    Billy> included -- it's just the .exe file.  Where do I get the .py
    Billy> modules which are supposed to go with it, and where do I install
    Billy> them?

Assuming you didn't miss something on Hans' page, I suggest you grab the
corresponding source distribution from www.python.org and extract the
contents of the Lib subdirectory.  Put it where it belongs (check sys.path),
run the compileall.py script, and you should be all set.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...