Borland compilation

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Wed Oct 13 07:13:08 EDT 1999

Tim Eccles schrieb in Nachricht <38041E61.5936C196 at tile.demon.co.uk>...
>Hello Dirk-Ulrich
>
>How difficuly was it?

About 1 or 2 days(?) - didn't measure (actually it took me half a
year, workin on it 10 min a day, but not every day).  I know, this doesn't
help
you much...

>Is it just a matter of writing a correct MAKE
>file, or do we have to manipulate the source code.

no and yes, but you get it for free from me if you wait a little...

>The reason for the query is that we are thinking of embedding a Python
>engine within a BCB program, so we do not really want to use VC at all.

Me too. The BCB app is working for quite a while now, but still i'm stuck
to my old WINAPI-based app that contains a Python 1.4 because
i'm still seeking the perfect architecture for the new one...
Might take another 2 years
until i really start programming it. (The apps i write at home tend to be
a little like Cyc or Xanadu, i suppose. I mean the timescale, not the
goals.)

You don't have to wait for 2 years for my patch, though. Just a few hours
from now.  If it's still there.
--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de