ANNOUNCE: Python SNMP module

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Wed Oct 13 15:02:21 EDT 1999

Ilya,

I'm very interested in your module and your development.  I downloaded and
scanned through the files, but haven't had a chance to try anything yet.  I
assume you are aware of the other SNMP module for Python, SNMPy.
<http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/snmpy.html>, a page
set up by Cameron Laird, has a link to information and the source.  He's
alreadey put there a mention of your efforts.

I understand your module is all Python, and SNMPy is using one or the other
of the available PD libraries.  It appears some thought went in to the SNMPy
interface design.  Have you given thought to using the same scheme or does
that fit with your design plans?

-Doug-