TimeClient win32api.setsystemtime

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu Oct 14 22:36:33 EDT 1999

Benjamin "Spamless in Rochester" writes:

> By the way, "Installer B3" works great as a freeze replacement.
> (I believe you suggested it as a replacement? I forget, and I'm
> being lazy in not tracking backwards to see who did).

Yeah, that was Mark.

> I've run into two problems with it.  I have to find out who to
> email bug reports to (& what address).

That would be me.

> 1) Builder doesn't seem to like it when programs aren't in the
>  same directory.

You run Builder from the directory in which the config file (and
presumably, the top level script you're distributing) lives.

> 2) Builder tries to run python (i.e. c:\program
> files\python\python.exe)
>  and can't see it.

You must have just missed rev d of Beta 3. Download again.

>  a) Use the short name (i.e. c:\progr~1\python\....)

Then I'd have to rely on the user having Mark's stuff installed -
determining the proper name is not something you guess at.

>  b) Just rely on path (i.e. python.exe)

Why do you think I was using the full path? Someone without
python on their path submitted a bug report.

>  c) Use the long name w/quotes (i.e. c:\"program
> files"\python\python.exe
>     The problem is that without the quotes, it isn't finding the
> python file(s).

Done.

Cant-believe-MS-allows-you-to-quote-a-path-name-without-
spaces-in-it-ly y'rs

- Gordon