fastcgi and python

Sunil Tripathy sunil_tripathy at hp.com
Thu Oct 28 18:44:02 EDT 1999

Hi ,
  I am trying use python for fastcgi applications on Windows NT. I
downloaded fastcgi development kit from www.fastcgi.com and also I
downloaded the python/c api fastcgiappmodule from
http://www.digicool.com/releases/fcgi/. When I try to build the
fastapp.dll using MSVC++ 6.0, this is the error message I get.
D:\fcgiappmodule.c(505) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant.
This message comes form the 2nd line of the following code peice
static PyTypeObject Fcgietype = {
 PyObject_HEAD_INIT(&PyType_Type)
 0,    /*ob_size*/
    //0, 0, 1, &PyType_Type, 0,
 "fcgiEnviron",   /*tp_name*/
 sizeof(fcgieobject),  /*tp_basicsize*/
 0,    /*tp_itemsize*/
I would appreciate if anyone could help me to resolve the problem.
in place of  PyObject_HEAD_INIT(&PyType_Type) i tried to use 0, 0, 1,
NULL, 0, and I initialized
Fcgietype.ob_type = &PyType_Type; in the initfcgiapp function. This
seems to work as for as the compilation problem is concerned but this
does not do anything(i feel it exits when I invoke fcgiapp.Accept()
method)  when I import the module fcgiapp in my python program.
Thanks
Sunil