Sparc Linux?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Mon Sep 13 11:56:42 EDT 1999

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:48:19 GMT, Damond Walker <dwalker at iximd.com> wrote:
>Bernhard Reiter wrote in message ...
>
>>Not having done it,
>>I guess that once you get Linux installed properly and a
>>resonable c-compiler (gcc) working, python should not give you any
>headaches.

>    Funny you say that.  I've had some trouble in the past with compiling
>some things on Sparc boxes running RedHat.  SWI-Prolog is one example.  The
>thing dumps core after displaying the intro text.  I had trouble with CLisp
>in the past as well.

Just to start with an answer, in my experience python is not a package
which gives you headaches. You also had the problem is other packages,
so my guess worked out this time. *puhhh* ;->
	Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)