ORBit bindings/interface?

Laurent POINTAL pointal at lure.u-psud.fr
Fri Sep 3 06:43:03 EDT 1999

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999 23:13:11 -0500, Justin Bradford <justin at ukans.edu>
wrote:

>: Is there a project anywhere working on bindings (or some kind of
>: higher level interface such as the FNORB [I think] model) for Python?
>: If not, does anyone want to help me write it?
>:
>: Justin

Here is a post I keep from the Fnorb list and which can interrest you:

<<
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 21:46:47 +0800 (CST)
From: Michael Robinson <robinson at netrinsics.com>
Subject: Re: From Fnorb to ORBit...

>I could be interrested into another Python ORB with more speed (our project
>is for data acquisition), have you an URL about your work (seen nothing on
>the ORBit page, neither on the netrinsics.com pages).

The Python ORBit binding is under heavy development.  The IDL compiler
is almost finished for very simple interfaces (basic function
call/return of simple types, no structs, no unions, no out/inout
arguments).  I plan to have something usable within a week or two.

I'll make an announcement on the Fnorb and ORBit lists when it gets to
that state.  If you can provide a minimal list of CORBA features you
require for your application, that will help me to prioritize
development.

	-Michael Robinson

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal at lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal at planete.net